Theme: THE GREAT OUTDOORS
Show how Open Space contributes to the quality of life in Rockwall County, including the effect on clean air and water, balance of wildlife, recreational activities, and physical/mental wellbeing.
Download a copy of the Rules here.
Who may enter: Any resident of Rockwall County. (RCOSA board members and their families are not eligible.)
Adult: age 18 or older, or out of high school
Youth: ages 8-18, or still in high school
People in Nature
Digital – 300 dpi, 8×10 or 8×12 physical size
In order to be displayed in our online gallery without being stretched or distorted, photographs should be in .jpeg, .jpg or .gif format, edited for web in sRGB color space, at least 2000 pixels wide, and no larger than 10MB.
By submitting, the entrant grants RCOSA a non-exclusive license to use the image on their website, social media, printed materials, and for purposes of publicizing the contest. We will always show the photographer’s name when using a photograph for any purpose.
Submission: Beginning May 24, 2019 at 12:00am. Deadline is 11:59pm June 1, 2019.
Send files to email@example.com
- Ribbons for 1st, 2nd, 3rd and Honorable Mention
- A print of the winning entries
- Winning photos will be displayed at Rockwall Co. Library
- Selected entries will be featured on RCOSA website, social media, and in other media with credit given to the photographer.
- Entries will be received from May 24, 2019 through midnight on June 1, 2019.
- Submit a color or black and white digital image captured in Rockwall County, within the last 24 months.
- The image must be the work of the entrant.
- The image must not have been the winner of any previous contest.
- The entrant has obtained and has access to all necessary releases (model or property) and agrees to hold RCOSA harmless against all claims and liabilities arising out of RCOSA’s display of each image submitted.
- Entrants will select category, and assign a title for each entry.
- A title is required for each entry. Entries will be identified by an assigned number and the photographer shall remain anonymous until winners are selected.
The entrant will complete the underlined portion shown in the Example. The entry number which will be assigned by RCOSA.
An entry in the Adult Division, Nature Category would be identified as:
A-N-Lake Ray Hubbard Sunset – 3549
(Division-Category-Title-Entry Number assigned by contest chair)
Junior Division/People in Nature:
J-P-Megan in Bluebonnets – 1680
Three (3) judges will score the entries based on creativity, originality, interest, creativity, overall appeal, appropriateness to theme. Scoring shall be based on numerical scores of 1-10, with 10 being best.
Judges will select 10 finalists per category, a first, second and a third-place winner per category, and an Honorable Mention award for each category. Winners will be notified by email and announced on the RCOSA website and Facebook on June 28, 2019. An Awards Ceremony will be held at the Rockwall County Library on Saturday, June 29th.
Winning photos and the finalists will be featured on RCOSA’s Facebook page and website. Winning photos will be exhibited from June 29 – July 12, 2019 at the Rockwall County Library.
Need more information? Send your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.